Subject: Re: [boost] [exception] Boost.Exception and the C++11 standard
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-30 18:07:09

On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 1:13 AM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba <
vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering how Boost.Exception works on compilers supporting 18.8.5
> Exception propagation.
> Can an exception thrown by a 3pp library by retrieved by
> boost::current_exception() by another library or application code?

No, it remains to be implemented. There is also "experimental"
non-intrusive implementation for some MSVC compilers too (thanks to
Anthony) which is off by default.

> BTW, what is the degree of compliance of Boost.Exception respect to 18.8.5
> Exception propagation and 18.8.6 nested_exception sections of the standard?
> Do you have a plan towards been C++11 compliant?

I haven't implemented nested_exception and I'm not planning to, but the
exception_ptr stuff should be compliant.

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.