Subject: Re: [boost] thread & 1.50 issues
From: Tim Blechmann (tim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-02 03:57:03

>> the second issue is a bit more severe, as it is an undocumented API
>> change: boost::TIME_UTC has been renamed to boost::TIME_UTC_ ... not
>> sure what's the reason for it, but it breaks code that used the old
>> symbol. this includes the boost-style threadpool library [1] ...
>>
>> so i wonder, is this change really needed?
>>

> The change TIME_UTC_ was motivated by in
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/6940 TIME_UTC is a macro in C11.
> As TIME_UTC was not documented this don't seem a break change. The
> change in threadpool seems quite simple.

sounds reasonable ... maybe TIME_UTC was not documented, but i found it
both in my code and in threadpool. unfortunately threadpool looks rather
unmaintained (no activity in 3 years and afaict it was supposed to be
submitted to boost), so i am not sure, if someone will actually fix it,
which is a shame, as i found the library very useful

tim