Subject: [boost] [gil::io_new] Help with gcc compiler
From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-02 22:32:19

Hi there,

I'm in the process of making my gil extension ready for inclusion. The
code is now stable and I'm trying to get gcc/clang to work. Since I'm
no expert with gcc I would like to ask for some help with various
compiler errors.

Could someone get the latest from here:

http://gil-contributions.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/gil_2

and try to compile the following code:

-------------------
#include <boost/gil/extension/io_new/bmp_all.hpp>

using namespace std;
using namespace boost::gil;

int main()
{
    {
        const char* bmp_filename = "";
        const char* bmp_out = "";

        rgb8_image_t img;
        read_image( bmp_filename, img, bmp_tag() );
        write_view( bmp_out + "all_formats_test.bmp", view( img ), bmp_tag() );
    }
}

It should generate some errors which I don't quite understand. I have
posted the errors here:

http://pastebin.com/Wps3YH1N

I'm using gcc 4.4.1 .

The complete test suite compiles with Visual Studio 2010 without any warnings.

Thanks a lot!

Christian