Subject: Re: [boost] [stratified] library for micro-/userland-threads
From: Christopher Kormanyos (e_float_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-03 17:11:43

> Hi,
> some of the community members ask me to provide a micro-/userland-thread
> library based on boost.context - I hope boost.stratified is a sufficient implementation.

> The library contains classes and interfaces similar to boost.thread.
> Examples and documentation (not finished and needs some updates/correction)
> is included.

> I hope I get some feedback from you.

> best regards,
> Oliver

Thank you, Oliver.

I would like to embed it in hard real-time on my go-to 32-bit
ARM cortex M3 board.

In my opinion, the embedded systems community desperately
needs a portable C++ cooperative multitasking scheduler with
context switching and a minimalistic abstraction of the context.

It sounds like that's what stratified and context are all about!

I know I will be too late with any sensible inputs with a
microcontroller. But for what it's worth, thank you and
please keep going!

Sincerely, Chris.