Subject: Re: [boost] [1.50.0] Release candidates available for testing
From: Jurko Gospodnetić (jurko.gospodnetic_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-05 19:16:31

   Hi.

> Boost infrastructure like Boost.Build needs special care because a
> problem can be so serious.
>
> Please revert these changes until after the release.

   Now that the 1.50 release is out, I've merged the boostcpp.jam
changes back into the release branch - so all the stylistic changes and
minor tweaks are back in.

   The problematic 'unversioned library staging with --layout=versioned'
code has been cleanly commented out so the behaviour is still the same
as before. I tested the Boost library build and it worked fine on my
computer (Windows 7, release branch, msvc 9.0).

   So if anyone wants the unversioned library targets enabled
(personally, I do not need them and so do not have an itch to scratch
here...) - he'll have to reenable the commented-out code and fix the
duplicate target bug.

   But at least the release branch and the trunk are in sync again.

   Hope this helps.

   Best regards,
     Jurko Gospodnetić