Subject: Re: [boost] [lockfree] include into 1.51?
From: KTC (ktc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-09 18:43:40

On 09/07/2012 21:11, Tim Blechmann wrote:
>>> this suggests that either the third test case fails, or that that it
>>> gets killed at some point. just to confirm, do you have a timeout for
>>> the tests?
>>>

>> Standard regression timeout, which I think is 5 minutes. Just ran it
>> outside of regression on its own and it passed, so does suggest it was
>> timeout.
>
> hm ... i must admit that this is rather odd: the same test runs in about
> 0.5 seconds on my sandy bridge i7 (the release build in 0.3 seconds).
>
> does this patch somehow improve the performance of the testsuite?

Nope, noticeably slower. I gave up in the 8th minute. Pre-patch (r79385)
queue_test ran in about 4 minutes-ish on my machine outside of
regression, so would pass depending on what else is going on during
regression.

KTC

p.s. By regression I mean through the python script that would report
the result to
<http://www.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/summary.html>.