Subject: Re: [boost] [lockfree] include into 1.51?
From: Helge Bahmann (hcb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-10 02:09:30

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012, Tim Blechmann wrote:

> hello helge,
>
>>> great to hear ... checking the specific commit, it seems that the
>>> integration into the boost infrastructure (doc/testfarm etc) is still
>>> missing ... please compare with r79196, the specific commit for
>>> boost.lockfree.
>>
>> thanks for the pointer, will fix it, and if you notice anything else, just
>> write so I can fix it ASAP
>
> i wonder, what is the current state of boost.atomic regarding
> interprocess communication?

if BOOST_ATOMIC_*_LOCK_FREE==2, then the corresponding data type is
interprocess-safe (this behaviour is only recommended for std::atomic,
but not guaranteed)

as per the suggestion during review I have implemented a partially
specialized template representing the *_LOCK_FREE macros to allow
implementing an "interprocess_atomic" that is safe independent from the
data type (as long as atomic_flag is safe, of course) -- this is however
not in svn yet

regards
Helge