Subject: [boost] ï»¿ Formal review request: TypeIndex library
From: Antony Polukhin (antoshkka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-13 00:27:51
I'd like to ask to add Boost.TypeIndex to review queue.
TypeIndex is an extended C++11 type_index library, that
* works with disabled RTTI
* can store const-volatile-reference info about types (if user requested it)
* has all the functionality of std::type_index
* has portable across compilers and platforms functionality for
getting demangled type names
* works across modules/shared libraries
* does not require C++11 to work
Sources (zipped): https://github.com/apolukhin/type_index/zipball/master
Git contains `patched` folder with TypeIndex'ed (and untested)
versions of some existing boost libraries (Boost.Any, Boost.Graph,
Boost.Math, Boost.MSM, Boost.PropertyMap, Boost.PropertyTree). Those
libraries now do not require RTTI to compile. More libraries could be
added to this list.
Previous threads (checking interest):
* Is there interest in typeid(TYPE).name() like function that does not
require RTTI http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2012/05/193491.php
* [boost] Is there interest in copyable type_info that does not
require RTTI (was: Is there interest in typeid(TYPE).name() like
function that does not require RTTI)
* [boost] [type_index] C++03 implementation in boost?
P.S.: Additional thanks to Agustín K-ballo Bergé for pointing out and
fixing some bugs.
P.P.S.: It would be great to schedule review to the end of September.
-- Best regards, Antony Polukhin
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk