Subject: Re: [boost] Update request to Boost Discussion Policy maintainers
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-13 13:40:53

On 13 July 2012 13:29, Daniel James <dnljms_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 9 July 2012 17:02, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Folks,
>>
>> May I request to update the "Effective Posting" section of the policy at:
>>
>> http://www.boost.org/community/policy.html#effective
>
> I don't think there are such things as "Boost Discussion Policy maintainers".

Someone has written it, so there must be an author.

> Maybe a more descriptive subject line would have helped?
> (sorry, I couldn't resist).

I agree, so let me please correct myself:

"Update request to Boost Discussion Policy authors or maintainers"

Apart from that, the flick is a bit off the mark (my subject is clear).

>> adding the following new sub-section as first:
>>
>> """
>> Use Sensible Subject
>>
>> Please make sure that your postings have a meaningful subject line
>> that is related to the contents of your mail.
>> Many people use this to help determine which posts to read and which
>> to ignore when they're operating under time constraints.
>> """
>
> Seems like a reasonable addition, although it should probably go after
> 'Put the Library Name in the Subject Line', since the library name is
> written before the subject.

Sure.

> But tbh. I don't think most people read that page, so I doubt it'd
> make much of a difference. There's too much text on the website
> already.

I agree, it's good to have an URL to policy handy to react with on
some ignorance.

Anyway, no die hard here.

Best regards,