Subject: Re: [boost] [Review Request] array
From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-16 09:12:53

On 07/15/12 18:32, Larry Evans wrote:
> On 07/15/12 17:41, Brian Smith wrote:

>>> But if the template arg to Boost.Array, is another Boost.Array, then you
>>> can have any dimension, as shown in the attached.
>>
>> The problem with using Boost.Array to define arbitrary dimension
>> arrays is the notation. The attachment looks like a hybrid version of
>> the files I previously put into the maps folder in the sandbox with
>> your old version of array_recur, where that version did use
>> Boost.Array IIRC.
> Yep. The following reply:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/220831
>
> to another post of yours on the subject
> contained an earlier version of array_recur.cpp.
[snip]
OOPS. I just did a compare of that "earlier" version it it looks
the same as the more recent one I attached, and that one doesn't
even use the Boost.Array. Looking back at the revision history
of the array_recur.cpp on my disk indicates I had to use
the variadic_templates vector_c:

http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/variadic_templates/boost/mpl/vector_c.hpp

because of compile errors, and I think I had to abandon
boost::array (substituted the new array_base)
because boost::array did not have a CTOR taking an
std::initializer_list, which is something I wanted.

Sorry for noise.

-regards,
Larry