Subject: [boost] [type_traits] Is it possible to test for an explicit conversion?
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-20 06:23:30

OK, so we don't have such a trait at present, but one of the requests from
the multiprecision review was "make conversions explicit in the front end if
they are in the backend". Which to do it nicely (and semi-automagically)
requires a trait that tests whether A is explicitly convertible to B. Which
would obviously make a useful type trait in it's own right, but.... anyone
have any ideas on how such a trait could be implemented? At present it
looks "impossible" to me, but I've learned never to say never ;-)

Thanks, John.