Subject: [boost] [website] Server problems
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-23 06:22:33

Hello,

As you might have noticed, many of the php based pages were down this
morning. The cause appears to be that the directory
'/home/grafik/www.boost.org/' didn't have read and execute permissions
for all, so php couldn't read a file within it. I fixed it by giving
read permission - nothing in that directory is private so I don't
think that will be a problem. Hopefully that's okay? I don't like
messing round with these things too much, as I don't know the details
about the setup.

Does anyone have any idea what changed to cause this issue? Maybe an
upgrade or configuration change? Could it use group permissions before
but can't now for some reason? Or perhaps something accidentally
changed the permission on the directory? It'd be useful to understand
what happened.

Daniel