Subject: Re: [boost] Progress on the tweener library (was: Interest in a tweener library)
From: Julien Jorge (julien.jorge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-24 17:25:39

Le Tue, 24 Jul 2012 17:02:09 +0200,
Klaim - Joël Lamotte <mjklaim_at_[hidden]> a écrit :

> I have a suggestion:
> Having tests that check compatibility of Tweener with Boost.Geometry
> would be very nice.
>
> I am not exactly sure about this because I didn't use Boost.Geometry
> yet but I was thinking about trying it instead of writing my own
> spatial position types (for non-graphic purposes).
> It seems to me that Boost.Geometry concepts would work well with your
> library.

It seems interesting indeed. I have just finished the templatization
and I wrote a sample program that applies a tweener to a structure
representing a coordinate. It works :)

The single_tweener class is templatized with the vector type V and and
the associated scalar type S. It needs the following operators:

  V operator+( V, V );
  V operator-( V, V );
  V operator*( S, V );

I had a quick look at Boost.Geometry and I am not sure that those
operators are always defined for the point concept. I will need to look
further at this library.

Also, it would be nice if the type S could be determined from V.

My next step will be to write the documentation of the library, to
make the test programs to run with Boost.test and to have a look at
Boost.Geometry.

Julien Jorge