Subject: Re: [boost] [type_erasure] Review
From: Thomas Jordan (tomjordan766_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-28 07:30:04
A couple of comments on the documentation (apologies my comments are not
in the review template format):
1. The documentation should explain why the library is called
'TypeErasure' (as opposed to something like, e.g., 'Run Time Concepts'
(RTC), for example).
2. The documentation needs a section placing the library in the context
of 'Related Work', for example Adobe::Poly and related research papers.
Some indication of the key differences and similarities would also be
useful in this regard.
3. The description of the problem(s) the library addresses - i.e., the
motivation for the library - in context of best-practice in 'modern
C++', needs to be expanded in the documentation. This could be expedited
by pointing to aforementioned outside papers/research on the subject,
which already explain things like run-time concepts.
4. The documentation should give some brief glossary and/or include
references to technical terms such as 'concept'
5. The documentation could do with some details regarding performance Vs
6. The further work mentions support for C++11 rvalue references, what
about move emulation for C++03?
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk