Subject: Re: [boost] [block_ptr] Update
From: Brian Smith (bjs3141_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-31 13:34:11

On 7/30/12, Stewart, Robert <Robert.Stewart_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I just looked at http://www.boost.org/development/submissions.html and
> http://www.boost.org/community/reviews.html and don't see any mention of who
> finds the review manager, so it's understandable that you misunderstood. It
> is your responsibility to secure a review manager. One is not assigned.
> Once you've found someone, you post a message to the Review Wizards asking
> them to accept your review manager. If accepted, your review manager and
> you must then agree on some dates for your review -- you'll want to avoid
> conflicts with currently scheduled reviews -- and submit them to the Review

On the page, http://www.boost.org/community/reviews.html, under the
REVIEW WIZARD heading, it says,

The Review Wizard coordinates the formal review schedule:

 - Maintains a list of review manager volunteers, in the form of a
queue, so that
   volunteers who least recently managed reviews become the prime candidates for
   upcoming reviews.
 - When a formal review is requested for a library:
   - Assign a review manager and suggests a schedule, after checking
(via private
     email) availability of the volunteers at the top of review manager queue.
   - Finalize the schedule, once the review manager verifies the
library is actually
     ready for review.
   - Resolve schedule slips or other issues with review managers and submitters.

I know that volunteer review managers put themselves forward for
certain libraries. Failing that I was expecting a review manager to be
assigned, unless of course the volunteer review manager list is empty.

Regards
Brian