Subject: Re: [boost] [forward_declare] Interest Inquiry toward Faster Compile Times
From: Daniel Larimer (dlarimer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-08-01 21:18:14

Julien,
        An extra 'byte' was just left over from me testing. It works with 8 bytes (2 ints) and it asserts on 7 bytes. I was trying to find a way to 'warn' if you reserved too much. It looks like BOOST_STATIC_WARN() has been removed.

        I thought about alignment issues (I am no expert here), but my understanding is that structs/classes are always 'aligned' in the same manner regardless of what is stored. Therefore, if my fwd<> class only has one data member (an array) it should be aligned appropriately for any type.

Dan