Subject: Re: [boost] [review] Multiprecision and uBlas
From: Sergey Mitsyn (svm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-08-09 03:24:34

On 07.08.2012 15:51, John Maddock wrote:
>>> Also running the tests for UBLAS with mp_number put in place of
>>> floats/doubles would be interesting.
>>
>> I've added modified versions of uBlas tests 1-7 to the multiprecision
>> lib, most of the tests pass, but there are two outstanding issues:
>>
>> * Test1: I had to disable a couple of tests because they trigger debug
>> assertons inside the STL. I get the same errors when testing with
>> type double, so I conclude it's a uBlas issue, not sure why they
>> aren't triggered in the regular regression tests though...
>> * Test3: I can't get this to compile, and the error are so inscrutable
>> I don't know what the issue is, I'd need some help from a uBlas expert
>> to figure those out.
>
> Hold on that was a mistake, test1 does pass, tests 3 and 7 don't compile
> for reasons I don't understand. I'd need some help from a uBlas expert
> to figure those out.

Not an expert, but looks like tests 3 and 7 are failing not only for
multiprecision:

http://www.boost.org/development/tests/release/developer/numeric-ublas.html

Test 7 is removed completely, and has a notion (inside test7.cpp) of
dependency on open bug #2473 of Boost.Interval . Probably it shouldn't
be considered at all.

Test 3 fails for some compilers, you may want to check if you use one of
them.