Subject: Re: [boost] boost 1.50.0 - function_input_iterator issue
From: Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. (jeffrey.hellrung_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-08-09 09:26:51

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 6:49 AM, hans ewetz <hansewetz_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> In boost v1.50.0 the function_input_iterator constructor performs
> dereferencing which may prevent creation of an 'end' iterator.
> Should it not instead dereference in the dereference() function and
> possibly keep a dirty flag indicating if the current value is valid?
> Apologies if I have missed any similar posting related to this problem.
> Hans

Do you mean this?

I'm cc'ing Dean Michael Berris, the original author of the component, to
ensure he sees this and so we may perhaps get his opinion.

I'd like to resolve this fixed as well (and the recently brought-up
documentation issue), if for no other reason than it seems to be a
recurring problem.

- Jeff