Subject: Re: [boost] [1.51, heap] permission to merge r80039
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-08-15 13:55:17

On 8/15/2012 6:24 AM, Marshall Clow wrote:
> On Aug 15, 2012, at 1:55 AM, Tim Blechmann <tim_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> request for release manager:
>>
>> i'd like to merge r80039 to release, as it fixes bug #7233. ok or too late?
>
> The release branch is still open for bug (and doc) fixes.
> Today is the last day, though.

Marshall, this change was made on trunk 9 hours ago. That's not nearly
enough time for tests to cycle.

I'm not overruling you. Your decision stands. But in the future, we (the
release managers) really need to stick to the script. Changes must be
tested on trunk before they can be merged to release.

And a similar heads-up to all boost developers: code changes this late
in the game will not make the cut if they aren't tested.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing