Subject: Re: [boost] [type_traits][parameter] Inconsistent boost::is_convertible between gcc and clang
From: Michel Morin (mimomorin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-08-18 11:39:11

Hi John,

> Apologies for the delay, as I have no time right now,
> can you please let me have this as a patch,
> and verify our test suite passes?

There three fixes for `is_convertible<From, To>` in the new code.
A. `To` is a function type.
B. `From` is an rvalue in C++11.
C. `From` is an rvalue in C++03.

Patches (of the code and test) for A are attached in
Since it is trivial to fix, may I commit it?

For B and C, I'll make patches one by one and then
post a message (or file a ticket and attach a patch there).

> Any changes should also probably be dependent
> upon BOOST_NO_SFINAE_EXPR as well as I believe
> the technique depends upon that.

The current implementation does not use BOOST_NO_SFINAE_EXPR.
Do I need to use it for the new code? The new code does not use
more compiler functionality than the current code. It uses the same
functionality as the current one.

Regards,
Michel