Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Process 0.5 released
From: Boris Schaeling (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-08-18 12:12:45

On Sat, 18 Aug 2012 18:02:45 +0200, Klaim - Joël Lamotte
<mjklaim_at_[hidden]> wrote:

Hi Joel,

> Congratulation for reaching this important milestone.
>
> I'm very interested, I'll read the doc right now.
> I will be able to test using it in the week to give feedback (I planned
> add some process manipulations that week, perfect timing).
>
> I'm using boost 1.50 right now (on Windows7 64bit with VS2012 RC - that
> have a bug in std streams too) , so will I have a problem if I stick to
> this version for now?

the problem is this bug here:
<https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/6576>. If you use
boost::iostreams::file_descriptor_source to read from a pipe whose
write-end has been closed, something goes wrong on Windows. If for example
you close the read-end before the write-end is closed, you won't have a
problem.

Boris