Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Process 0.5 released
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-08-19 13:36:31

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 6:54 PM, Boris Schaeling <boris_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I'd also prefer a guaranteed cleanup. But it's not clear how to do this
> with a RAII type on POSIX (unless you have an idea? :).

I don't know much about POSIX so I cannot say anything about that at the
moment.
If the example you provide in the tutorial is representative of the work
necessary to request cleanup on posix, then I don't see how putting it as a
constructor policy wouldn't work?

Something like (assuming the design I suggested and assuming the cleanup
would be optional- would it be?):

child_process cp( cmd_line("test --foo /bar"), auto_cleanup() );

The work would then be done in the constructor with posix implementation,
in destructor in windows.

I'll take a look at POSIX documentation for processes, see if I can help
you with that.
I think you certainly intuitively know some problems I don't see, because
of your experience with boost process.

Joel Lamotte