Subject: Re: [boost] What to do with platform defining 'null' as preprocessor symbol?
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-08-23 13:58:34

On 8/23/2012 1:42 PM, Jeff Flinn wrote:
> Might it not be better to provide some platform specific config file(s)
> that undef offending macro names. In the case of nil in fusion, I'd hate
> to see a loss in clarity because of some bad platform practice. I've
> been able to address these issues by #undef'ing in just a few places.

Bad idea, IMO. Boost shouldn't be messing with things defined in 3rd
party headers, especially platform headers. #including a boost header
shouldn't change the meaning of existing code, or make valid platform
code invalid. The same reason went into the Boost min/max guidelines and
Herculean effort to bring our codebase into compliance with them.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing