Subject: Re: [boost] Question about release branches
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-08-30 19:20:16

On 8/30/2012 3:41 PM, Pedro Larroy wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm not able to find some fixes such as (78513) in
> tags/release/Boost_1_51_0/ nor tags/release/Boost_1_50_0/
>
> Why some fixes that are in trunk didn't made it to the release branches?

Changes are made first to trunk, where they are tested. Only after they
are tested and the library's maintainer feels they are ready are they
merged to release. This can a week or longer if the release branch
happens to be frozen.

What often happens, unfortunately, is that the maintainer makes the
change on trunk and then forgets to merge to release. If you notice
this, the best thing to do is to post a message here (politely!)
pointing out the potential oversight. Make sure the library's name is in
the subject line, like "[shared_ptr] unmerged change #NNNN". If that
doesn't work, find the maintainer and try to contact them directly.

HTH,

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing