Subject: Re: [boost] [result_of] now uses decltype on release branch
From: Joel de Guzman (djowel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-03 00:07:18

On 9/3/2012 11:10 AM, Michel Morin wrote:
> Joel de Guzman wrote:
>>> I also hope that we won't have to ship a broken Phoenix in 1.52 -- that
>>> the Phoenix maintainers will step up and fix it. Joel, Thomas?
>>

>> Sure, let's do it. Thomas?
>
> Joel, Fusion's invoke test (libs/fusion/test/invoke.test) fails
> with decltype-based result_of.
>
> The reason of the test failure is that fusion::invoke tries to
> instantiate boost::result_of with uncallable signatures.
> (Just making boost::result_of SFINAE-able does not solve the problem.)
>
> Here is a minimal test case:
[snip]

> And here is a related ticket
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/6915

I'm not the author and maintainer of fusion::invoke (in fusion functional).
It's Tobias Schwinger. I'm CC'ing him. Tobias, can you please take a look?

TBH, I am not following this thread closely so I am not intimate with
issues. Could anyone point me to some documentation that will bring
me up to speed please?

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman