Subject: Re: [boost] [result_of] Usage guidelines
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-04 00:00:39

On 03/09/2012 09:08, Andrey Semashev wrote:

> I realize that I can provide both result<> specializations and it will
> work either way. But when there are more than one argument the
> specializations begin to pile quickly. Consider also rvalue references
> and const and non-const qualified my_foo.

I have yet to find a good way to do this myself.
It seems it is an issue that really needs some written best practices
though, since a lot of libraries that define result appear to not to it
vert well (sadly, even Phoenix is among them; it uses more
specializations than necessary and simple things like result_of<F(int,
int, int&)> are ill-formed).