Subject: Re: [boost] [atomic, 1.52] adoption & merge request
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-08 16:38:06

On 6 September 2012 16:02, Tim Blechmann <tim_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> hi all,
>
> boost.atomic has been accepted as boost library and has been in trunk
> for a few months. however there are some issues and pending patches and
> helge bahmann, the original author, did not comment on any of them.
>
> therefore, hartmut and me would like to adopt the library temporarily to
> support helge, and merge these pending patches. we also like to add the
> library into the release branch, so that it will make it into 1.52.
>
> any objections?

I've had a look at the library. It needs to be added to
libs/libraries.htm, the entry in libs/maintainers.txt should be the
person who's actually maintaining it. It needs a
libs/atomic/index.html file which redirects to the documentation.

We also need to sort out how the documentation is built, I just tried
building it and it doesn't seem to include the reference
documentation. There's a header libs/atomic/doc/atomic.hpp which I
guess contains doxygen documentation, but it isn't included in the
build.

There are a lot of test failures which need to be looked at before
merging to release.

There are a handful of inspect errors, which shouldn't be too hard to fix:

http://boost.cowic.de/rc/inspect-trunk.html#atomic