Subject: Re: [boost] Proposed new RAII Library
From: Sohail Somani (sohail_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-15 09:26:11

On 15/09/2012 2:16 AM, Lorenzo Caminiti wrote:
>> >Lorenzo, thanks for volunteering but the design and implementation is far
>> >more complex than the extract from the doc. If we want it to be efficient,
>> >it shouldn't use boost.function, boost/multi_index/detail/scope_guard.hpp
>> >should be a good staring point.
> I see. Then (speaking personally) it might make sense for it to exist
> in a lib as its impl is not trivial due to the optimization efforts.
> However, I probably won't have time to add this feature to Scope
> Exit...

Ahhhh!

The needed class is already part of scope exit. Just add a dismiss
function, take it out of aux/detail and I WILL BE YOUR UNCLE, forget
about Bob.

Forget the optimization. Boost Scope.Exit doesn't use any of these
tricks right? It's already using a boost function.

Lorenzo my man, just add it.

Sohail