Subject: Re: [boost] How to bind program termination with end-of-stream in Boost.Process 0.5?
From: Boris Schaeling (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-15 11:44:47

On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 22:10:12 +0200, alfC <alfredo.correa_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> [...]I have a small criticism (probably from ignorance) and it is that
> the
> new version seems to be more complicated to use than the previous
> versions.

Oh, do you have an example for me to see where you think the new version
is more complicated than the previous one?

> [...] If that is the case you can add a warning in the library to not
> compile with old versions of boost.
> someone at stackoverflow, suggested to open the process asynchronously
> and do a status check.
> (see
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12329065/how-to-bind-program-termination-with-end-of-stream-in-boost-process-0-5)
> Seemed like an ovekill. I am glad it is a bug instead.

There is actually a note at
<http://www.highscore.de/boost/process0.5/boost_process/tutorial.html#boost_process.tutorial.synchronous_i_o>
to inform users about that bug in Boost.Iostreams. Maybe it shouldn't be a
note but a warning or something else which can't be overlooked easily? :)

Boris