Subject: Re: [boost] [Review:Contract]
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-16 20:48:16

on Sun Sep 02 2012, Roland Bock <rbock-AT-eudoxos.de> wrote:

> Due to a lack of formal contracts in much of day to day programming
> and the enormous compile time overhead, I don't see the library being
> used all over the place anytime soon, but I expect it to be used in
> generic algorithms, helping both developers and library users.

Do we know the sources of the compile-time overhead? If it's mostly in
the preprocessor, I suggest consulting with Paul Mensonides. He was an
enormous help in getting the preprocessing cost associated with
Boost.Python under control. In particular, it's important to make good
use of the _D, _R, and _Z suffixes described in
http://www.boostpro.com/mplbook/preprocessor.html#id6

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing                  Software Development        Training