Subject: [boost] [Review] ODEInt review starts today, September 19, ends September 28
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-19 11:46:18
The review of Karsten Ahnert and Mario Mulansky's
ODEInt library starts today September 19th and
will end on September 28.
About the library:
odeint provides routines for numerically solving Ordinary Differential
Equations, a task heavily required when approaching scientific problems
numerically. In odeint we have implemented the most common algorithms in
a modern, generic way which provides several advantages over existing
implementations. The main focus of odeint is to separate algorithms from
the underlying basic computation unit. This allows for example to easily
use the power of modern GPUs via CUDA or OpenCL to speed up
computational heavy simulations.
- provides most of the standard algorithms, including step size control,
dense ouput and extrapolation routines
- symplectic routines for Hamiltonian systems
- implicit routines based on boost::ublas (MTL4 in progress)
- high level integrate functions
- interchangeable computation backend with existing bindings to CUDA and
- native support of ODEs defined for complex values
- support of Boost.Units in most of the algorithms
- support of arbitrary precision types
You can download the library and view the documentation here:
Please always state in your review, whether you think the library should
be accepted as a Boost library!
Additionally please consider giving feedback on the following general
- What is your evaluation of the design?
- What is your evaluation of the implementation?
- What is your evaluation of the documentation?
- What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?
- Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did you have any
- How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance? A quick
reading? In-depth study?
- Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk