Subject: Re: [boost] What Should we do About Boost.Test?
From: Peter (p.schregle_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-20 01:59:33

Am 17.09.2012 16:40, schrieb Dave Abrahams:

> As a straw man, I'll make this suggestion:
>
> - Boost.Test is officially deprecated in the next release
-1

> - Its documentation, such as it is, is removed from the release after
> that
-1

> - Meanwhile, other tests in Boost that use this library are rewritten to
> use a different mechanism
+1

> - The code is removed from Boost thereafter
-1

If deprecation and removal are considered, the first step should be
implementing "a different mechanism" and a clear guidance how to port,
potentially by an automatic tool. There is a lot of code out there that
would break by removing boost test.

For our code base, this would essentially lock us into the last version
that still has Boost.Test. Should we be forced to rewrite all the tests,
this would mean a huge amount of money invested for no improvement.