Subject: Re: [boost] [fusion][tuple] Is there a plan to have a C++11 compliant and portable tuple library on Boost?
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-24 16:01:31

Le 24/09/12 00:42, Joel de Guzman a écrit :
> On 9/23/12 10:41 PM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In order to implement some features in Boost.thread I need a tuple
>> that supports move
>> semantics for its arguments. I see that there is an effort to provide
>> move semantics when
>> rvalue references are supported by the compiler.
>>
>> Is there a plan to have a C++11 compliant tuple library on Boost that
>> uses the Boost.Move
>> library on compilers that don't support rvalue references?
>
> I am not sure about Boost.tuple, but fusion has already started
> C++11 development. Right now, we have 2 containers with move semantics:
> vector and deque. I am incrementally adding more support. I'd welcome
> any volunteers.

I'm seeing that some libraries are providing move semantics in their
interfaces without using Boost.Move and provide them only for C++11
compilers. Another example is the recent commit on Boost.Function.
Another will be the work I'm doing in Boost.Thread, as I prefer to
provide more features when the compiler/library helps me.

I find that unfortunate, as the features provided will depend on the
compiler, but if the basic building blocks in Boost don't provide move
semantic for c++98 compilers using Boost.Move, I don't find a better
alternative.

Best,
Vicente