Subject: Re: [boost] [config] gcc-4.4 and BOOST_NO_SFINAE_EXPR
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-25 03:48:37

>> I confess to not understanding how the config tests work. When I run
>> "bjam toolset=gcc-4.4 config_test" in libs/config/tests, the tests pass
>> whether or not S_NO_SFINAE_EXPR is defined for gcc-4.4. I'm clearly
>> doing something wrong.
>
> Looks like the test is not good enough then.
> (I was the one who wrote that particular test, but I don't quite
> understand the Boost.Config testing mechanism either)

Sigh... it's very imperfect:

* By default the only tests that are run check that config_test.cpp
compiles, which means either: the macro is set or the code compiles and
runs.
* There are tests that check the reverse (ie which will fail if a macro is
set when it should not be), but they are not run by default because they
aren't 100% reliable - in large part because we don't have a suitable
Boost.Build testing rule.

John.