Subject: [boost] condition_variable and the internal mutex
From: Maxim Yegorushkin (maxim.yegorushkin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-25 10:26:20

Hi Boost,

I was surprised to see an internal mutex added to
boost::condition_variable implementation in the recent versions of
Boost. Quick internet searched revealed that this was done to better
support thread cancellation:

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/210235

That thread ends with a suggestion to add back a zero-overhead
pthread_cond_t wrapper and no reply.

So I was wondering whether there plans to reinstate that wrapper or
should Boost users that are not concerned with thread cancellation but
are rather concerned with code performance drop using
boost::condition_variable and resort to writing their own wrapper?

-- Maxim