Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Generic, C++0x Concepts, and C++1y Concepts
From: Matt Calabrese (rivorus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-27 15:48:40

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 3:32 PM, Lorenzo Caminiti <lorcaminiti_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> I will definitely take a look at your code

As a warning, I hope by looking at my code you don't mean looking at it's
implementation, heh. A lot of the preprocessor stuff is somewhat of an
undocumented mess and I had to hand-roll many macros as it was developed
before VMD existed and before Boost.Preprocessor were updated for
variadics. A lot of the low-level backend preprocessor stuff is also very
old and stems from a time before I understood how to make good use of the
preprocessor. If I continue development, I'm probably going to rewrite a
lot of the low-level stuff, hopefully even sharing some of your contract
code, as I imagine there are a lot of similar ideas between the libraries.
I'd also really like to experiment with getting rid of some of the
parentheses, as you and I talked about last year. At this point, though,
I'm not sure anyone is going to be interested in seeing Boost.Generic given
that the new C++1y concepts are so different.

--
-Matt Calabrese