Subject: Re: [boost] [result_of] now uses decltype on release branch
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-30 21:03:35

On 9/30/2012 5:42 AM, Michel Morin wrote:
> Eric Niebler wrote:
>> That said, it's an interesting suggestion, and if I can find a
>> light-weight solution, I might float it with the standardization
>> committee and see if there is interest.
>
> Great WG paper by Eric, Daniel and Joel:
>
> std::result_of and SFINAE
> http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2012/n3436.html
>
> Bravo!

Thanks. I'll be going to Portland to champion the proposal. I expect
some wording tweaks, but for it to be otherwise uncontroversial. One
wrinkle could be a late proposal by Bjarne and Andrew Sutton to change
the rules of sfinae to obviate the need for hacks like this, but I don't
think it should effect whether our resolution gets accepted or not.

After Portland, I'll post a message here to let folks know how it went.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing