Subject: Re: [boost] [countertree] Formal Review Request
From: Luc Touraille (luc_touraille_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-03 17:34:18

Hello Francisco De : Francisco José Tapia <fjtapia_at_[hidden]> >À : boost_at_[hidden] >Envoyé le : Mercredi 3 octobre 2012 22h23 >Objet : [boost] [countertree] Formal Review Request > >Hi all, >I would like to request a formal review of the library “Countertree + >Suballocator” [countertree] > [snip] > >For the people who don't know this project, this is a description : > >*COUNTERTREE* > >This library is an implementation of a binary red-black counter tree. This >tree have an additional counter in each leaf. This permit the access to the >elements by the position, like in a vector. It is a random access container >with random access iterators . I just had a look at your library because I was curious to see how you managed to implement random access iterators on a binary tree, but it seems the iterators you provide are not really random access: as far as I can tell from your code, moving an iterator forward or backward is an O(log N) operation (according to your remark about the "shift" function in file "countertree/tree/node.hpp"), and not a constant-time operation. Am I missing something? Luc P.S.: This is my first post on this mailing list, so please point out any rule or policy I could be breaking. Moreover, English is not my mother tongue, so please forgive the potential errors I could make.