Subject: Re: [boost] [1.52.0] Beta1 release available
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-09 17:13:42

Le 09/10/12 21:55, Daniel James a écrit :
> Boost release 1.52.0 beta 1 is now available from SourceForge
>
> See https://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost/1.52.0.beta.1/
>
> This release contains numerous enhancements and bug fixes for existing
> libraries.
>
> For details of what's in the release, see
> http://www.boost.org/users/history/version_1_52_0.html.

Hi,

please could you add the following for Boost.Ratio

[*Features:]

* Replace the short_name and long_name functions by symbol and prefix
functions respectively.

[*Deprecated:]

* The ratio_string<>::short_name and ratio_string<>::long_name are
deprecated. Use ratio_string<>::symbol and ratio_string<>::prefix
respectively. These functions be removed in 1.55.

and the following fixes for Boost.Ratio and Boost.Chrono if I'll be
able to merge https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/80897 and
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/80896 as suggested by Eric.

// Ratio
[*Fixes:]

* [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/7478 #7478] Compiles fails
with compilers supporting char16_t and char32_t fails if the library
doesn't provides std::u16string and std::u32string.

Currently there are no macros BOOST_NO_CXX11_U16STRING and
BOOST_NO_CXX11_U32STRING signaling that the standard library doesn't
provides std::u16string or std::u32string. The committed change avoids
the compile error when Boost.Config will provide these macros. In the
mean time the user needs to define them explicitly while using
Boost.Ratio in these conditions.

// Chrono
* [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/7479 #7479] Compiles fails
with compilers supporting constexpr fails if the standard library
doesn't provides the constexpr interface

Thanks,
Vicente