Subject: Re: [boost] Gauging interest in time code for broadcasters...
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-09 17:42:02

Le 09/10/12 23:23, Joseph Van Riper a écrit :
> I'd like to know if anyone might take interest in a header library that
> supports working with time code (as in, 01:00:00:00 which is 107892
> drop-frames, or 108000 frames at 30 fps).
>
> The library would simply convert between frames (as a long) and
> boost::posix_time::time_duration types according to the kind of time code,
> and would parse or output strings according to the kind of time code. From
> there, you'd just leverage boost::posix_time::time_duration for any
> calculations you need.
>
> I realize this is kind of a special-interest library, but the broadcasting
> field seems so wide that something like this might be useful to quite a few
> people, so I thought I'd ask.

Hi,

I don't know if you are aware of Boost.Chrono
(http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_51_0/doc/html/chrono.html). I suspect
that it share the same concerns. Please could you tell what your library
provides in addition to Boost.Chrono?

Best,
Vicente

P.S. Note that the next Boost release 1.52 contains an refactored
version of chrono/io.