Subject: Re: [boost] [contract] first attempt to N3351 concepts
From: Matt Calabrese (rivorus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-09 18:27:56

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 2:17 PM, Lorenzo Caminiti <lorcaminiti_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I made a first attempt to sketch how N3351-like concepts will look
> into Boost.Contract (just for the find algorithm and its concepts for
> now):
>

> http://contractpp.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/contractpp/branches/stl_concept/doc/html/n3351.html
>
> This code doesn't compile quite yet but I played with its bits and
> pieces enough to conclude that it should be implementable as listed.
> It will take quite a bit of time and effort to implement this...
> Please tell me what you think now so I don't waste time implementing
> this design if it has issues.

I've only skimmed it, but it looks good! I do have one very superficial
suggestion about future documentation -- it may be helpful to use a
custom-build of quickbook that highlights the "keywords" concept and
requires (and also recommend users to update their IDE to highlight on
these keywords as well, since it makes things much easier to read, at least
IMO). You can make the changes to quickbook by altering the keywords_holder
type in syntax_highlight.cpp.

Actually, quickbook should probably be officially updated for C++11
keywords too. It seems as though they were never added.

--
-Matt Calabrese