Subject: Re: [boost] [1.52.0] Beta1 release available
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-09 19:06:12

Le 10/10/12 00:45, Daniel James a écrit :
> On 9 October 2012 22:13, Vicente J. Botet Escriba
> <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Currently there are no macros BOOST_NO_CXX11_U16STRING and
>> BOOST_NO_CXX11_U32STRING signaling that the standard library doesn't
>> provides std::u16string or std::u32string. The committed change avoids the
>> compile error when Boost.Config will provide these macros. In the mean time
>> the user needs to define them explicitly while using Boost.Ratio in these
>> conditions.
> This should go in the library's documentation. The release notes are
> meant to be a summary, if more detail is required then link to the
> documentation.
Okay.
> Btw. IMO you shouldn't require the user to define
> macros just to be able to compile the library, is u32string support
> really that important?

Well, support for u16string and u32 string has been delivered long time
ago, so removing them seems not an alternative, or is it?

I have proposed a patch to Boost.Config that I expect will be available
for the next release. The case where this is needed is a corner case
IMO, as the user is using c++11 without a c++ standard library. I know
clang is the typical example, but the user can install libc++ which is
also free.

Best,
Vicente