Subject: Re: [boost] [contract] first attempt to N3351 concepts
From: Lorenzo Caminiti (lorcaminiti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-10 04:41:09

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 7:16 PM, Dave Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> on Tue Oct 09 2012, Lorenzo Caminiti <lorcaminiti-AT-gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I made a first attempt to sketch how N3351-like concepts will look
>> into Boost.Contract (just for the find algorithm and its concepts for
>> now):
>>
>> http://contractpp.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/contractpp/branches/stl_concept/doc/html/n3351.html
>>
>> This code doesn't compile quite yet but I played with its bits and
>> pieces enough to conclude that it should be implementable as listed.
>> It will take quite a bit of time and effort to implement this...
>> Please tell me what you think now
>
> Since you asked what I think,
>
> "pseudo-signatures > usage patterns"
>
> but that's probably not the kind of information you were looking for :-)

Yes, that's more of a critique to N3351 than my design to implement it
but it's a fare comment. If N3351 approach is to be abandoned in favor
of pseudo-signatures then no point in implementing N3351 but I don't
think there's consensus on this either way yet. I personally don't
have an opinion yet... (and maybe I should have an opinion before I go
off an impl the entire N3351).

Thanks,
--Lorenzo