Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Test updates in trunk: need for (mini) review?
From: Lars Viklund (zao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-19 23:46:05

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 03:03:57AM +0000, Gennadiy Rozenal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It's been a long while since I merged any changes into boost release and by
> now there are whole bunch of new features there. Some are small, but some
> others are big ones such that they can change the way people use the library.
> I'd like to list them here (excluding bug fixes and removal of deprecated
> interfaces) and ask what should we do with these. Specifically let me know
> if you think these require some kind of (mini) review from community, but any
> other comments are welcome as well.

I couldn't really determine from the recent thread titled
"[boost] [test] new features use c++11 features" whether this new and
improved Test unconditionally or conditionally would use C++11 features?

I know you all are all up in arms about moving the "state of the
language forward" and all, but it'd be a bit sad if a rather important
piece of Boost infrastructure suddenly became unusable without any
rationale or warning.

Call me a luddite, but I like when my code can continue to benefit from
library bugfixes and improvements. Staying on legacy Boost doesn't help
anyone.

I really don't like playing whack-a-mole on every single C++11 creep
into Boost, but it seems that unless checked, it poisons everything.

--
Lars Viklund | zao_at_[hidden]