Subject: Re: [boost] [thread] deprecating Mutex::scoped_lock and Mutex::scoped_try_lock and boost::condition
From: Rob Stewart (robertstewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-20 08:42:19

On Oct 20, 2012, at 7:08 AM, "Vicente J. Botet Escriba" <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I would like to deprecate the following features in Boost.Thread:

How long do you propose to keep the deprecated interfaces before removing them?

Will you provide a manifest constant to remove them so users can vet their code before the interfaces are removed permanently?

> * Mutex::scoped_lock and Mutex::scoped_try_lock so that we can make mutex types independent from locks.
> The user should use instead unique_lock<Mutex> and the new public class try_unique_lock.

I have no problem, in principle, but be sure the names are consistent with C++11 or any related proposals, if applicable.

> * condition: This was there for forward compatibility since 1.35.
> The user should use instead condition_variable_any.

+1
___
Rob