Subject: Re: [boost] [result_of] now uses decltype on release branch
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-20 12:26:49

On 9/30/2012 6:03 PM, Eric Niebler wrote:
> On 9/30/2012 5:42 AM, Michel Morin wrote:
>> Eric Niebler wrote:
>>> That said, it's an interesting suggestion, and if I can find a
>>> light-weight solution, I might float it with the standardization
>>> committee and see if there is interest.
>>
>> Great WG paper by Eric, Daniel and Joel:
>>
>> std::result_of and SFINAE
>> http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2012/n3436.html
>>
>> Bravo!
>
> Thanks. I'll be going to Portland to champion the proposal. I expect
> some wording tweaks, but for it to be otherwise uncontroversial. One
> wrinkle could be a late proposal by Bjarne and Andrew Sutton to change
> the rules of sfinae to obviate the need for hacks like this, but I don't
> think it should effect whether our resolution gets accepted or not.
>
> After Portland, I'll post a message here to let folks know how it went.

Follow up: The paper was accepted. This wording, with minor edits, will
be integrated into the working draft and will be part of the next
standard (which is slated for 2014, btw). Standard library vendors who
haven't implemented it already will probably begin doing so shortly.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing