Subject: Re: [boost] Interesting article on stack-based TMP
From: Giovanni Piero Deretta (gpderetta_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-22 09:22:23

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 2:14 PM, Larry Evans <cppljevans_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 10/22/12 07:26, Giovanni Piero Deretta wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 1:14 PM, Julien Nitard <julien.nitard_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> That article came out of reddit C++ section:
>>>
>>> http://pubby8.wordpress.com/2012/10/15/stack-based-template-metaprogramming-in-c-11/
>>>
>>> It looks like TMP made easy (finally !). I am not that sure it is
>>> though and was wondering if anybody had any comments on it.
>>
>> While I'm a fan of point-free programming,
>
> What iws "point-free" programing?

in general, expressions without explicit arguments.

[snip]
>> Which is almost as good as the concatenative version.
>
> What is "the concatenative" version?

the concatenative version it the one given in the article. In general
concatenative programming is a form of point free programming where
function call are just juxtaposed without any explicit delimitation of
subexpressions. Stack languages are a subset of concatenative
languages.

For a more indepth description see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concatenative_programming_language

HTH,