Subject: [boost] [release][chrono] Permission to disable a broken feature
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-22 13:11:28

Hi,

the version 2 of Boost/Chrono/IO introduce a bug on
time_point<system_clock,D> i/o. There is an specialization for
time_point i/o that I failed to test as the test was commented. When I
have uncommented the test I have see that this was not really checked
never. I have needed to fix a lot of things in the specific code, but I
don't reach to make it work yet. As the release date is close I would
prefer to disable the specialization for release 1.52 and take the time
to fix the errors for the next release.

I have created two tickets on Trac.

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/7546 - time_point<system_clock>
output version 2 fails to compile
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/7547 - time_point<system_clock>
input version 2 fails to compile

Here you can see some of the modifications that I have since yesterday.
The commit I have done today disable the feature. Of course I will need
to document the limitation.
They are mark as showstoppers, but as the default chrono/io version is
yet version 1 the user should not be blocked. Another possibility is to
disable the new chrono/io version 2 as a whole.

Could I count with the permission to merge the code to disable the
feature (https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/81045) once the
regression tests are run?

Thanks,
Vicente