Subject: Re: [boost] filesystem::path passed to GTest's assertion leads to stack overflow because of infinite recursion
From: Andrey Upadyshev (oliora_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-26 09:20:57

Strictly speaking there is a problem with GTest or my project settings
which prevents GTest to pick up operator<< for 'path'. I'll dig it
more deeply to fight the problem.

But I've created a bug and send a mail for slightly different reason
rather than solving this concrete bug (sorry if I was not clear
enough). I try to discuss the current design of path class which acts
like a container with infinite "depth" what smells not good for me.
Why don't just present path's iterator value_type with
std::basic_string? This is (IMHO) more clear and nearer to "reality"
than path consisting of paths consisting of paths consising of paths
etc without the end :)