Subject: Re: [boost] [variant] awkward recursion
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-29 17:33:42

on Mon Oct 29 2012, Mathias Gaunard <mathias.gaunard-AT-ens-lyon.org> wrote:

> On 29/10/12 20:29, Dave Abrahams wrote:
>>
>> Using recursive_variant_ works out quite nicely, except that
>> it doesn't allow me to separately declare "object" and "array" and
>> re-use them in the definition of "value":
>>
>> typedef boost::make_recursive_variant<
>> null
>> , std::string
>> , double
>> , std::map<std::string, boost::recursive_variant_>
>> , std::vector<boost::recursive_variant_>
>> , bool
>> >::type value;
>
> I'd use this method, it's clearly the cleanest.
> I don't understand what's your problem with it.

As I had feared, and as
http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=%3cm2objlggaw.fsf%40pluto.luannocracy.com%3e
demonstrates, extra dynamic allocations will be used to store maps and
vectors (or anything at all?) in the variant.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing                  Software Development        Training